Cosmetic dentistry is focused on making your smile more attractive. The dental treatments under cosmetic dentistry treatment have the aim of improving all of the aspects that make up your smile – including your teeth, gums, and the lips. At IS Dental Care in Kentish Town, Wanstead & Marylebone, we offer a number of cosmetic dentistry options to give you the best-looking smile possible.
Need a confidence boost? Let cosmetic dentistry treatments do wonders for your smile – and watch your self-confidence soar!
When Would I Need Cosmetic Dentistry Treatment?
You will need cosmetic dentistry to do wonders for your smile, and to provide solutions to any of these dental problems/issues:
- Crooked or misaligned teeth
- Decayed or damaged teeth
- Stained, yellowed, or discoloured teeth
- Missing teeth
- Chipped/broken teeth
- Irregularly-shaped teeth
- Gaps between the teeth
- Gummy smile
- Thin or irregularly-shaped lips
What’s Involved in Cosmetic Dentistry?
These are the most common cosmetic dentistry treatments:
- Teeth Whitening – Used to remove teeth stains and discolorations, making your smile look healthier and whiter. We offer Wy10 and Philips Zoom! teeth whitening to make your smile as bright as it can be.
- Teeth Straightening/Orthodontics – Orthodontic or teeth straightening treatments improve the form and function of crooked teeth by moving them into better alignment. Discreet options for teeth straightening include Invisalign Clear Braces, and Inman Aligners – both offered at IS Dental Care in Kentish Town
- Dental Implants – Implants replace both the form and function of missing teeth. The titanium screws are embedded into the jawbone, and then connected to dental restorations (such as dental crowns or a dental bridge) to improve the appearance and function of your smile after tooth loss.
- Veneers – Veneers are thin custom-made shells that are placed on the front part of an affected tooth, to improve discolourations, chips, minor gaps/misalignment, or decay/damage.
- White Fillings – White fillings restore the form and function of a decayed or damaged tooth, and offers better aesthetics compared to obvious silver amalgam fillings.
- Dental Crowns & Bridges – Crowns improve the appearance of a badly decayed tooth, or can replace a single missing tooth along with a dental implant. Bridges, along with implants, are ideal solutions for several missing teeth.
- Gum Contouring – A gummy smile can be improved with a gum reshaping/ gum contouring treatment; this procedure alters the shape and appearance of the gums, so that less gum tissue (and more of the teeth) can be seen when you smile.
- Lip Enhancements – The shape and fullness of the lips can be improved using lip enhancement treatments, making your smile more attractive and younger-looking.
- Smile Makeover- A smile makeover is a combination of two or more cosmetic dentistry treatments to achieve the beautiful smile you have always wanted.
Am I Suitable for Cosmetic Dentistry?
Cosmetic dentistry is suitable for you if you want to improve the appearance of your smile, using any one or a combination of the treatments mentioned above. We will determine your suitability for the treatment that you need, so you can look forward to having a fabulous smile you can be proud of.
What Can Cosmetic Dentistry Do for Me?
- Cosmetic dentistry can make your smile more attractive and healthier looking. Depending on your specific concern, you can have one or more cosmetic dentistry treatments to get the result you want to achieve.
- Your self-confidence will increase with the knowledge that you have a beautiful smile, with the help of cosmetic dentistry.
- A cosmetic dentistry treatment can at time also bring about improvements to the overall function of your teeth. For example: crooked teeth will be much easier to clean when they are properly aligned after teeth straightening.