Wider Smiles with White Fillings
White fillings are offered at IS Dental Care as a more aesthetically pleasing alternative to restoring damaged teeth, compared to silver amalgam fillings. Amalgam fillings are easily seen when you open your mouth, while white fillings blend seamlessly with the rest of your natural teeth since they have a similar colour.
Which are better, white or silver amalgam fillings?
When Would I Need White Fillings?
White fillings are needed to restore the healthy appearance and function of teeth that are:
- Chipped or broken
- Irregularly-shaped or uneven in appearance
You can also use white fillings to fill in minor gaps between teeth.
Go for discreet dental restorations with a white filling treatment.
What’s Involved in White Fillings?
- The damaged or damaged portion of your tooth will be removed first to prepare the tooth for the white filling treatment.
- The tooth will be washed clean of any remaining debris, and thoroughly dried.
- A composite filling material is placed in layers in the cavity or tooth part that needs to be treated. Each layer is hardened using a special bright light.
- Once the filling is complete, the top portion of the treated tooth surface will be shaped to match your natural teeth’s biting surface.
We aim to preserve most of your healthy tooth structure with a minimally-invasive white fillings treatment.
Am I Suitable for White Fillings?
Do you want to improve the appearance and function of teeth that are damaged/decayed/broken/chipped? Are you interested in fillings, but do not want the obvious look of silver amalgam fillings? Do you worry about mercury in dental fillings? If you answered YES to all of these questions, then a white filling treatment is suitable for you!
What Can White Fillings Do for Me?
- White fillings can successfully bring back the health of decayed or damaged teeth, saving the affected teeth from more serious dental problems.
- A white filling treatment is much better to look at compared to very obvious silver amalgam fillings – which can easily be seen by others when you open your mouth, or when you smile.
- The material used in white fillings does not contain mercury, which is an ingredient in silver amalgam fillings. Without mercury, white fillings are much safer for your health.
- Less of your tooth structure will need to be removed prior to placing the white filling material, compared to a silver amalgam filling treatment. You can preserve more of the healthy tooth structure because it will not be touched or damaged as part of the preparation for the filling treatment.